Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Today was the teacher's first official day back to work.  We were eagerly catching up with one another, chatting about our summer, and busily preparing for our upcoming year!  What a day!  While I spent most of my day reading about upcoming changes to our school, I did fit in time for a few good reads.  I continue to read teacher books this week, including my new favorite Notice and Note.  From this book, I have learned about new "close reading" strategies that we will implement in Reader's Workshop!  Be sure to check them out on our Reading Wall at Meet-N-Greet tomorrow!  I also read some great books tonight with my daughters, including Alice the Fairy (again, one of Brooklyn's favorites!) and Good Night Ocean.  We love the 'Good Night...' series, which includes books like Good Night Farm and Good Night Connecticut.  On that note, good night, tomorrow will be another busy day at school!  I'm off to catch some Zzzzzzz's...

No comments:

Post a Comment