Pages

Monday, September 29, 2014

"It's Monday…What Are You Reading?"


I am officially restarting my meme, "It's Monday…What Are You Reading?" as a way to share what our class is reading together!  What is a meme?  Check it out!  This week, our class is studying what good readers do while independent reading.  I am giving mini lessons on each of the strategy posters that were in the Open House packets, including: Predicting, Questioning, Making T-T Connections, thinking about theme, inferring character traits, and noticing Author's Craft.  I will model through my read-aloud Gooney Bird Greene by Lois Lowry.  What a unique character she is!  At the end of the week, ask your child what makes Gooney Bird so special!  I think your children will enjoy hearing the unique stories she tells in Mrs. Lowry's story.  I also shared the story, The Boy Who Loves Words, with the class today.  See the video below!  It's a great story with a lot of high-level vocabulary in it.  It goes along with our unit, Building a Reading Life, which we just completed and now we move on to Character Traits with Gooney Bird!    



No comments:

Post a Comment